Negotiating to Success
The primary purpose of this workshop is to give you the opportunity to improve your negotiation skills with others in a way that strengthens rather than hurts relationships. The "win/win" approach improves communication, teamwork, and the quality of work life. Effective negotiation skills also contribute to stress reduction-these are "life" skills, not just "work" skills.
• Raise concerns in a way that invites cooperation
• Explore issues to discover underlying interests
• Generate options for mutual gain
• Develop agreements both parties can act on
• Course overview - Welcome/Introduction/Expectations
• Ground rules
• Negotiation strategies
• Strategies 1 - 5
• Overview of conflict
• Next steps - Action planning
• Employees at all levels. Class size maximum 24 participants.
• One full workday, with two 15-minute breaks and 1 hour for lunch.