Win/Win Conflict Resolution
Conflict can be healthy when it brings about new ideas and deeper relationships. For this to occur, the basis for dealing with the conflict must be win/win. Conflict is unhealthy when it leads to distrust, anger, and withdrawal. These results usually mean that conflict has been approached on a win/lose basis. The primary purpose of this workshop is to give you the opportunity to improve your skills in resolving conflict with others in a way that strengthens rather than hurts relationships.
• Assess your conflict-resolution styles.
• Practice how to view others objectively.
• Become adept at cooperative forms of negotiation.
• Discover strategies for dealing with difficult people.
• Course overview - Welcome/Introductions/Expectations/Objectives/
• Overview of conflict
• 14 methods for dealing with conflict
• Conflict management style survey
• Conflict management styles
• Conflict behavior is situational
• The self-fulfilling prophecy
• Viewing others objectively
• Conflict resolution effectiveness
• Effective communication skills
• Behavior styles
• Assertive behavior
• Dealing with difficult people
• Next steps - Action planning
• All employees. Class size maximum 24 participants.
• One full workday, with two 15-minute breaks and 1 hour for lunch.