How do we motivate people who are dissatisfied? How can we bring people "on board" when they are preoccupied with being so dissatisfied? The notion that there are people who are not motivated is incorrect. Every living person is motivated. Motivation is an internal state that moves individuals toward a goal or objective.
• Define motivation
• Explain the bases of motivation
• Describe the manager's role in motivating employees
• Identify powerful workplace motivators
• Course overview - Welcome/Introduction/Expectations
• What is motivation?
• What motivates people?
• What motivates your employees?
• When to motivate
• How to motivate - link "wants" with jobs
• How to motivate - personalize your message
• Case Studies
• Next steps - action planning
• Managers and Supervisors. Class size maximum 24 participants.
• One full workday, with two 15-minute breaks and 1 hour for lunch.