Extant Training Group and We Excel!
are trademarks of Extant Training Group ®1994 all rights reserved.
Content and Design ©1995 Extant Training Group all rights reserved.
Structured Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Identify and define a problem;
• Practice multiple approaches to determining causes;
• Practice techniques to select and recommend the best or most
acceptable solution to a problem.
• Step 1: Identify the Problem
Brainstorming; Nominal Group Technique; Idea Writing
Charts and Graphs
Tree Diagram; Root Cause Matrix; Concentration Diagram
• Step 3: Develop Possible Solution(s)
Cost Benefit Analysis
Select Solution Matrix