Becoming a Supervisor
• List supervisory roles and responsibilities.
• Describe five challenges faced by new supervisors.
• Develop strategies for dealing with these challenges.
• Course overview
• Are you ready to be a supervisor?
• Supervision styles
• The basics of supervision
• Management Levels
• Supervisory roles
• Supervisory knowledge
• Supervisory skills
• Challenges facing new supervisors
• Skill practice
• Building a support network
• Next steps: Action Plan
• New supervisors or individuals considering supervision as a
career plan. Class size maximum 24 participants.
• One full workday, with two 15-minute breaks and 1 hour for lunch.